Statement of Faith
1. THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
All scripture (Old and New Testament) is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.
2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Corinthians 10:11
2. THE TRINITY
The Trinity—God, the Father; God, the Son; and God, the Holy Spirit—one God, eternally existent in three persons.
Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 28:19-20, 1 John 5:7
3. THE DEITY OF CHRIST
Jesus is God incarnate and was manifest in human flesh. He was like us in all ways except for one, being free from sin.
Isaiah 9:6-7, John 1:1-14, John 5:22-23, John 8:54-58, John 10:30
4. THE VIRGIN BIRTH
We believe that our Lord was conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary.
Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18-23
5. CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS
The vicarious atoning death of Jesus, who died on the cross so that we might live, offering Himself up as the perfect sacrifice for sinful man—the salvation of man.
Romans 5:6-10, 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, John 3:16-17
6. THE BODILY RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF CHRIST
Christ is the risen savior. Jesus arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
Romans 8:31-35, Acts 1:8-11
7. THE FALL OF MAN
Man, by voluntary transgression, fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death.
8. THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
All believers are entitled to and should earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 24:49, Acts 1:4, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
- Distinct from and subsequent to the new birth:
Acts 8:12-17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 15:7-9
- Initial evidence of this infilling is speaking in tongues:
Acts 2:4, Acts 10:46
9. ALL BELIEVERS ARE TO WALK BY FAITH
By the hearing of God’s Word, faith comes to the believer.
- Faith is exercised by believing in the heart, confessing what one believes from the Word of God, and being a doer of the Word and not a hearer only.
Mark 11:23, James 1:22, James 2:18
- Through faith we have access to all the grace of God—salvation, forgiveness, deliverance, baptism in the Holy Spirit, knowledge of His Word, answered prayer, and a personal relationship as a child of God.
Romans 5:2, Matthew 9:29
10. ALL BELIEVERS HAVE DOMINION OVER SIN, SATAN, AND SELF
All believers have power over all the power of the enemy and should live a lifestyle that represents the life of Christ.
Luke 10:19, Matthew 10:7-8
- Sin has no more dominion over the believer.
Romans 6:9, Romans 6:14, Matthew 1:21
- Christ is an overcomer—victorious and more than a conqueror, therefore as His body, we are the same through Him.
Ephesians 1:19-23, Acts 1:8
11. ALL BELIEVERS SHOULD WALK IN HOLINESS AND PURITY
Holiness is the goal for all disciples, and all sexual perversion (fornication, adultery, and homosexuality) is unbiblical and considered sin.
2 Corinthians 7:1, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NKJV, 1 Thessalonians 4:7, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:24-27
12. ALL BELIEVERS HAVE THE PROMISE OF PROSPERITY
God wants all believers to be healthy and prosperous, and through His principle of giving and His law of sowing and reaping, we live under a more efficient economic system with God as our source and supply.
3 John 2, Matthew 6:31-33, 2 Corinthians 8:9
13. THE SACRED TITHE
- All believers are to tithe the first tenth of all their increase and honor God with their substance.
- The tithe is the Lord’s and does not become the Lord’s when we decide to present it.
- Tithing was initiated before the law, though taught in both the Old and New Testaments.
Matthew 23:23, Hebrews 7:2, Hebrews 7:5
- The tither has tither’s rights.
14. JESUS IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH
Christ is the Head of the Church, and all attention and glory are directed to Him alone. It is Christ whom we preach, praise, worship, and serve.
Ephesians 1:22 John 12:32
15. THE FIVEFOLD MINISTRY
The Head of the Church has given apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers for the perfecting of the saints and the work of the ministry; and these are actual, literal offices functioning in the Church today.
Ephesians 4:8, 11-12
16. JESUS IS COMING FOR THE CHURCH
- Christ will literally come again for His Church—perfected, without spot or blemish, looking for faith in the lives of believers.
Luke 18:8, Ephesians 5:27, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- The saints, the bride of Christ, shall reign with Him forevermore.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
17. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN
All must be “born again” to enter the kingdom of God, to obtain His blessings, to have peace with God, and to meet Him in the air as His bride, without spot or blemish.
Acts 4:12, Romans 10:9, John 3:3
18. THE SACRAMENTS AND ORDINANCES
There are ordinances by which one can demonstrate and express their faith:
- Holy Communion
Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:24-27
Acts 1:8, Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 12:13
There are sacraments we hold sacred and live by with deep conviction:
- Anointing of the Sick
- Holy Matrimony Between a Man and a Woman
Matthew 19:5-6, Hebrews 13:4, Ephesians 5:31
- Child Dedication
Deuteronomy 6:4-7, Luke 2:22
- Ordination of Ministers
Acts 13:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:7, Exodus 28:41
19. THE INSTITUTION OF THE HOME
- Life begins in the womb.
Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13, 16
- Marriage is between a man and a woman only.
Genesis 2:18-25, Proverbs 5:18-19, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16
God Himself created and instituted marriage as the holy union between one man and one woman, according to the Holy Scriptures. No other form of union or marriage is acceptable in the eyes of God or by this corporation/Church.
“But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ [NW1]; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate” (Mark 10:6-9 NKJV).
- Children are a heritage from the Lord and are to be brought up scripturally.
Psalm 127:3, Proverbs 22:6
- The husband is the head of the home, and he must give an account to Christ.
Ephesians 5:22-23, Colossians 3:18-19
20. ETERNAL JUDGMENT
All will be judged: the saints for their works, the sinners to damnation, and satan and all his demons to the lake of fire.
1 Corinthians 3:13-15, Revelation 20
21. THE LORD’S SECOND COMING
A distinct, separate event from the rapture of the Church. The personal, imminent return of Christ at the end of the seven-year tribulation, when He will personally and visibly return, with His saints.
Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 1:7, Matthew 24:30, Zechariah 14:4-6, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, Titus 2:13
22. THE MILLENNIAL REIGN
A thousand years on earth, during which satan will be bound, and the Lord will have things the way He always intended for His kingdom and His saints.
23. THE HOUSE OF GOD (church facilities and property)
- We ought to conduct ourselves properly on church property and in the church facilities.
1 Timothy 3:14-15
- We should fear God; and when we go to the house of God, we should conduct ourselves prudently—with wisdom, honor, respect, and discretion.
- People should not be allowed to do things in the house of God that are not in accordance with the Holy Bible.
All properties (land, buildings, assets, goods, resources, etc.) of this ecclesiastical Corporation will be used in compliance to the Corporation’s bylaws and will not be permitted to be used in violation of the Corporation’s religious beliefs as duly set forth in the Corporation’s governing documents, policies, and the Holy Scriptures. The Board of Directors shall be the express and final authority, and shall make the final decision with respect to usage of ministry property.